Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One Silver phantom for 20 x 25 room second room?
Are we talking Whites? Or Elevates? Having done side by side 45 day trial of an immersion package involving two Elevates and two Golds... two Elevates will trounce ONE Gold. TWO Golds will trounce TWO Elevates on initial listening - particularly since like most anyone, you will set them at the same volume setting initially - my initial reaction was OMG these aren’t even close! Until I volume matched them which is about 10 points difference given the way the system architecture is set up. Gold @50 = Elevate @60. Once leveling the playing field - louder always sounds better all other things being equal - yes there is a difference and the Gold IS better by a diminishing returns amount. You will be better off with a Duo of Elevates than a single Gold every day of the week for similar cost, tho. BUT, at the risk of creating an entire firestorm, given the existing infrastructure you have going, I think you’re better off with simply upgrading the Bookshelves with Elac bookshelves and adding the Elac sub (Insert any bookshelf/sub combo du jour that suits her/your fancy) than a single Phantom. And saving the difference. My 0.02...

Messages In This Thread
RE: One Silver phantom for 20 x 25 room second room? - by snbeall - 03-Feb-2018, 17:37