Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Dialog] connection questions
Good day all,

I've recently acquired a set of Phantom Golds and a Dialog with Airplay. I am currently looking into using the set not only for music, but also for things like movies et cetera.

I need some help here. I want to connect the set to my pc at first, so that I'm able to use the Phantoms as my pc speakers (as mentioned, for movies and such). My motherboard has a toslink out and the Dialog has a toslink in. So I will be getting a toslink cable, but are there any catches here? Will it just work like that or are there any software issues to be expected?

Then onto the situation I would like to have in the end. I would be looking to get a NAS to work as a Roon Server in combination with streaming movies over the network. The Dialog has a USB in. From what I can find online, this USB port has been switched off in the software for several years, but is supposed to be used with several NASses nowadays. Is this true? Again, will it work straightaway when I plug in a USB-cable coming from a NAS, or not at all? Or could I better use AirPlay (I currently don't own any Apple devices).

Cheers!

Messages In This Thread
[Dialog] connection questions - by Euan - 14-Nov-2017, 15:42
RE: [Dialog] connection questions - by ragwo - 14-Nov-2017, 17:06
RE: [Dialog] connection questions - by Euan - 14-Nov-2017, 20:00
RE: [Dialog] connection questions - by streamy - 15-Nov-2017, 00:27