Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going active with a 2 way speaker (Naim SBL's)
Hello all,

Given this success with ative SBL's, I am now thinking about another possibility. I also have a pair of Naim DBL's, which are much larger, 3-way, full-range speakers.

Naim makes an electronic crossover for them called the SNAXO 3-6, and the manual mentions the following specs:

- input impedance: 13KOhms
- crossover frequencies: 300Hz, 3rd order and 3kHz, 3rd order

If I were to get hold of a 3rd D200, would it suffice for me to give Devialet those specs for them to provide me with adequate configuration files? If I undertand correctly, they would be able to produce config files for my three D200's with the crossover frequencies shown above. But what about fine-tunin the output level for the tweeters and the mids? This requires quite a bit of listening with different values. One way, I think, could be to manually edit the config files. I can see for example that the files generated by the configurator for the D200 feeding the tweeters in my active SBL setup contain the following statements:

"_adh_l_max_volume":-7,
"_adh_r_max_volume":-7,

which no doubt corresponds to the -7db I set as output level for my tweeters. Obviously I could manually change this particular value for, say, -6db instead of generating a whole new file with the configurator.

What do you think?

Many thanks,

Pierre

Messages In This Thread
RE: Going active with a 2 way speaker (Naim SBL's) - by pisabell - 11-Dec-2017, 17:04