Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons
Well my 250 Pro arrived back today, sporting a very smart new copper derriere. Was icy cold when it came out of the UPS truck, so I let it warm up for a bit before connecting it all up. New software went on with no trouble, and a slightly tweaked config installed for good measure.

Not much has changed with regard to functionality; AIR always worked OK for me, and it still does. Haven't listened to much vinyl yet, but worked ok when I tested it, and TV (via optical) works OK too. Need to explore the new Upnp setting, and looking forward to direct tidal integration.

The last couple of hours have been mainly spent listening to music via Melco (USB) with music stored on disk, and via Tidal. From an SQ perspective, my very early first impressions are below. Note that I'm not especially technical - this is a very subjective opinion!

Lotte Kestner - The main vocal seemed even more immediate, and the multi-tracked backing vocals were clearer. Her arrangements are very sparse, and they came through with loads of atmosphere.

Everything But The Girl - Walking Wounded is a great album and sounded fantastic. It's particularly well engineered, but I honestly don't think it's sounded better. The electronic percussion was particularly enjoyable - clean and snappy - with every precision crackle sounding annoyingly authentic.

Richard Buckner - again, vocals sound superb; pin sharp soundstage (like he's singing directly out of the fireplace). Lovely clean guitar sound.

School of Seven Bells - very much as above; vocals that jump right out at you, crisp percussion and a wall of sound where you can make out the components.

Still early days, but it does seem that music is presented more dynamically with improved separation. Overall, it sounds like it's had a power boost - just more of all the music. So far, very happy.
Devialet 1000 Pro. Martin Logan Montis, Michell Gyrodec, Melco N1ZH, Mutec MC3+ USB

Messages In This Thread
RE: Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons - by ozthepoz - 04-Dec-2017, 20:44