Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time limit on Infinity Core?
(23-Dec-2017, 19:58)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(23-Dec-2017, 13:37)Chris Marshall Wrote: These Problems seem to the same with every new price of streaming hardware, look on head-fi about the new chord poly, the naim forum about the delays on their new streaming gear.

Is it so hard?

I guess these hardware companies have not prepared for the need to become software companies!

Maybe Naim and Chord are also just a bit rubbish at it too, rather than it being a generic excuse for all audio companies though. Naim were a very tradional company originally, and both are also really small.

Devialet should know better though.  They’ve been developing software and firmware for years to go with their high-tech products, and their shambolic past should have taught them a thing or two about how not to do it... Sadly it appears they live in denial - I imagine scenes of management running around like headless chickens telling developers to do things quickly “just make it work!”, rather than have a proper well planned strategy they’re executing with plenty of contingency built in.

At least they’re letting us have an insight into their crazy development process via their website blog updates, which for all the wrong reasons I really quite enjoy.  All we can cling onto is the fact that crazy people do sometimes pull of creating amazing things, you just have to wait and see which way the chips fall....

As far as I’m aware they’ve never even announced the plans for the full ecosystem and what the end result of the CI board and supporting software and firmware will be/do? Truth is they probably don’t know.

I have tried a Nativ Vita for some weeks now. If you would make this experience, you would say Devialet has no real software problems. I have returned the device exasperated. Now I see the little Devialet problems in a completely different light, and I‘am quite happy with my upgraded PRO with ROON or Audirvana ?
Formerly Devialet 220PRO CI, Magico A3, 2 Gold Phantoms, Dialog/Raspberry PI2 Digi+, ROON Rock NUC8i3, Bluesound Powernode 2i, B&W 607, Audirvana

Messages In This Thread
Time limit on Infinity Core? - by MIO2013 - 15-Dec-2017, 16:35
RE: Time limit on Infinity Core? - by IanG-UK - 15-Dec-2017, 20:40
RE: Time limit on Infinity Core? - by K4680 - 16-Dec-2017, 13:41
RE: Time limit on Infinity Core? - by MIO2013 - 18-Dec-2017, 17:34
RE: Time limit on Infinity Core? - by james n - 18-Dec-2017, 19:01
RE: Time limit on Infinity Core? - by ssfas - 18-Dec-2017, 19:14
RE: Time limit on Infinity Core? - by Zappydev - 23-Dec-2017, 12:16
RE: Time limit on Infinity Core? - by Rama - 23-Dec-2017, 01:06
RE: Time limit on Infinity Core? - by Celts88 - 23-Dec-2017, 19:20
RE: Time limit on Infinity Core - by midi - 23-Dec-2017, 20:25
RE: Time limit on Infinity Core - by midi - 25-Dec-2017, 23:51