Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Case of 'THE MISSING CHANNEL'!
Well folks... After being very happy with the turn-around of my core upgrade... and multiple calls from 'Roger' bless him, to see if all was ok, have had the time now to put everything together, and not needing to use this new fangled board until later, much later.. I reloaded my existing config files (Dev said that would be fine!)... but unfortunately, things have changed... and not for the better!

Even though I had blanked out (in the Configurator) all inputs apart from AES (both Monoblocks), & line 2 in (NO AIR, NO Optical 1, NO uPnP? etc etc), from a cold start (mains switched off) the unit still seems to default to anything other than the ones I have kept alive! So, once on, I have to go switch through 'Optical 1', 'Air', 'uPnP' to get to my AES, then the fun starts!

Ever since I had my 440 back after Core upgrade I seem to have lost my right channel (driven by Companion)..

Tried turning off my source and back on again... NADA!

..and then I thought I would try making sure both Monos were on the correct source before turning them off witha long press of the remote button (until totally off), (Mains still ON) and then back on again!

VOILA! Source remained the same, and Channel resurrected itself! BUT if I finish my session, I like to shut down completely - ie all off and mains OFF. Problem is now I have to go through this pantomime every time I start a new session!

So, the Monoblocks DONT retain the last input setting if you disconnect from the mains! I could cope with that if I only 'saw' the sources I had kept 'live' in the config, and not have to navigate blanked ones!

AND...somehow Devialet, bless them, have managed to knobble companion speaker out when changing sources???

Anyone else have this issue?
Fairford UK area - Devialet 440, Aurender Streamer- Linked to QNAP NAS 453mini - Triangle Signature Deltas, Van Damme Professional Blue Series Studio Grade 2 x 4.0 mm cables, Moon Neo 260D DC Transport, Dell notebook Client linked both ethernet & wifi.

Messages In This Thread
The Case of 'THE MISSING CHANNEL'! - by teddlesdee - 26-Dec-2017, 13:41