Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multi Phantom Silver/Gold setup question.
Devialet offers currently nice x-mas discount(on their website) for 2 golds/silvers, dialog and 2 stands. I am not just considering of buying them, but just trying to figure out my setup without many wires going around the room.

I been doing quite much reading about them and I think they would go nicely with my 200cm2 living room(might add few more in future). 

Now, as I understand, you need dialog(up to 22 phantoms) to actually use both of them. Dialog needs internet, so it has to be close to router to get ethernet cable from router to dialog. And with this setup, it's fairly easy to use ipad/iphone for spotify, also youtube or it's not supported yet with spark app?

My bigger concern is TV and not using bluetooth/wifi but optical cable. There is always possibility to try those 2, but I did read, that there might be issues with sound dropping. 
Dialog would be installed about 2-3 meters away from speakers(which is most likely not issue for BT!!) but running optical cable from dialog to TV would be impossible due to the fact, that TV is installed on room splitting wall, where is cap between with fireplace, so having cable running there looks just horrible. Phantoms will be installed next to TV. My main question is - Would it be possible to buy optical cable splitter(tv has only 1 optical) and running cables directly to Phantoms, would that actually work with 2 phantoms or it's a must to have them going to dialog?

Or is there another possibility with some different hardware?

Messages In This Thread
Multi Phantom Silver/Gold setup question. - by Desty - 07-Jan-2018, 17:00