Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Golds vs Elevates
(14-Jan-2018, 19:54)snbeall Wrote: Both equally and completely inaudible at a setting of 2. I am still a bit baffled at the difference in volume between the two at 50 setting however... the Elevates require 60 to come alive. Why such a difference?

Thanks for checking this. So, as concluded in the indicated thread Devialet has replaced most of the circuit of the Elevates and according to their new and modified specs also in the Silvers with the parts introduced first with the Golds. So, except of the power stages and the titanium tweeters of the Golds all should be the same in all three versions.

There is no obvious reason why the mids should be sounding different (they are much better in the Golds (DSP??) than in the others). The difference in bass is clearly a result of the more powerful amps. The difference in the overall loudness is a SW decision. I do not think it would be economic for Devialet to implement less power in the amps that drive the mids and the tweeters. I would expect the same performance could be expected from all three Phantoms at volumes up to 45-50 and only then the additional power of Silver and finally the Golds would make the difference when listening really loud. Apparently, the SQ difference between the three models is designed such to make more clear differentiations. These are normal design decisions the industry takes. Not clear if the cheapest model is offered prizewise cheaper to attract more buyers of the brand with the entry model than the ingredients cost or the other way round. But in the end there is a clear upgrade path to go for Silvers or Golds with clear SQ improvements.

Messages In This Thread
Golds vs Elevates - by snbeall - 13-Jan-2018, 20:58
RE: Golds vs Elevates - by snbeall - 13-Jan-2018, 23:49
RE: Golds vs Elevates - by snbeall - 14-Jan-2018, 19:54
RE: Golds vs Elevates - by streamy - 14-Jan-2018, 22:50
RE: Golds vs Elevates - by Damon - 15-Jan-2018, 00:37
RE: Golds vs Elevates - by Jean-Marie - 15-Jan-2018, 08:28
RE: Golds vs Elevates - by snbeall - 16-Jan-2018, 03:15
RE: Golds vs Elevates - by snbeall - 16-Jan-2018, 03:39
RE: Golds vs Elevates - by streamy - 16-Jan-2018, 12:36