Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remote app just stopped working
(20-Jan-2018, 15:28)brit Wrote:
(20-Jan-2018, 15:01)Womaz Wrote:
(20-Jan-2018, 14:44)brit Wrote: Who is your Internet Service Provider - have you spoken to them about your problems? I have to admit that Virgin were very good with my problem - did a lot of remote testing before deciding that there was an issue - and then very quick to send out an Engineer to (hopefully) fix it. I don't actually think it was a Network issue yesterday because all other Networked, and Wi Fi activated devices and Services, where working fine - music was playing, and Roon/AIR was fully functional, it was only the Remote app that was playing up on all iPhone, iPad and Samsung phones. Lest you think that we are over-run  with i devices, I should explain that I have a museum piece iPhone 3 which is now dedicated to my Devialet remote app, an iPad which doubles up as the Roon remote. My wife has an iPhone (a much more modern 5 series!), which also has the Remote app (bad mistake there), and I have a Samsung Android phone.

David

I switched to Bt a few months ago. It’s fibre BB and I am getting around 60mb speed.
I had issues with sky too, my last provider, but Tidal worked flawlessly . I decided to switch to BT as it’s a faster speed and my Tidal has never been the same . Dropouts and tracks not finishing . Tidal say it is a common issue and they are working on it.
I feel a bit jinxed at times. I got my 200 and it was intended to be a one box solution. Hmmm, AIR for me was a disaster with the white noise etc. So eventually I bit the bullet and added the Melco. This solved all my problems albeit it defeating my initial aim. However I did it at the time to get the PC out of the chain.
Now I am having major issues again and I don’t know which way to turn to be honest
Tidal suggested changing my dns settings last year but for the bt hub I have this is not possible apparently

Right now I am seriously considering getting rid of tidal and buying downloads again. But I have to admit Tidal has revolutionised the way I listen to music and i would really miss it

Have you spoken to BT about it? We have BT BB installed at my Mother-in-Laws, and had a few problems with Wi Fi "drop outs" about 6 months ago. Again I spoke to their "help line" people who carried out a remote test, the upshot being that they sent me an "updated" Router and everything has been fine since. I must admit that we do not have a "hard wired" Ethernet network at M-in-L's so could not say how stable that would be. 

David

It's extremely difficult to know where to lay the blame, but as another data point for you, I use Tidal extensively over BT Fibre (Infinity 2) and I have to say that I experience zero issues with the stream. Inside I use a mixture of wired and WiFi, but I should add that I don't use the BT Home Hub. I use an older style BT fibre modem connected through to an Apple Airport Extreme, and I could not be happier with that side of things. Maybe your hub is the culprit ?
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3

Messages In This Thread
Remote app just stopped working - by Womaz - 20-Jan-2018, 11:45
RE: Remote app just stopped working - by Pim - 20-Jan-2018, 12:05
RE: Remote app just stopped working - by Womaz - 20-Jan-2018, 12:09
RE: Remote app just stopped working - by brit - 20-Jan-2018, 12:57
RE: Remote app just stopped working - by Womaz - 20-Jan-2018, 13:15
RE: Remote app just stopped working - by brit - 20-Jan-2018, 14:02
RE: Remote app just stopped working - by Womaz - 20-Jan-2018, 14:11
RE: Remote app just stopped working - by brit - 20-Jan-2018, 14:44
RE: Remote app just stopped working - by Womaz - 20-Jan-2018, 15:01
RE: Remote app just stopped working - by brit - 20-Jan-2018, 15:28
RE: Remote app just stopped working - by Zappydev - 20-Jan-2018, 15:35