Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calling all connoisseurs of the combo: Expert Pro/Sonus faber's Olympica
I had a terrible experience with my Olympica lll... and i have a 220 pro too.
Now, i´m quite sure the problem isn´t all and only from the speakers, was also in the room.
In the last years i had in my house around 10 pairs of SF speakers, i love theyr look and sound. Some would stay here, others would come back to the dealer.
The O lll stayed for 5 or 6 months and after that period i changed them for a pair of Guarneri Tradition. I never fell in love with them.
It´s true i´m used to the monitor two ways sound, the previous was a pair of Extrema, but the O lll sound seems "too" big and always sounding the same for my taste.
But, like i told before, was in a environment that´s not the ideal. I know that now because i moved to a new house, different room, but i tried others speakers there with much better result.
Be aware of all this details but don´t follow my example, i know a lot of people that loves the combination 220Pro/Olympica lll, the dealer here sells a lot of them and you can find in this forum a lot of O lll owners, just listen carefully and try others.
Cheers.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Calling all connoisseurs of the combo: Expert Pro/Sonus faber's Olympica - by BoyScout - 06-Feb-2018, 19:11