Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should Apple acquire Devialet/Phantom?
Devialet has a genius product that just seems to need $/manpower influx to solve (and move along) further innovations, including multichannel and cinema, customer support, software glitches, and a marketing/distribution network. Apple seems a match made in heaven. Not anywhere even closely associated with Apple. I’m just an aging non-IT kinda guy and know that they have a human interface and “it just works” mentality. Surely they can solve the customer relations, marketing, distribution, and interface problems facing D. 

Again, I understand that this is genius (just as I salivated over Meridian DSP 20 years ago) and the problem they have bringing it to - and dumbing it down - to everyday application. I think they need a black Phantom for cinema with a good multichannel Dialogue and a reliable network connection. And Apple is breaking into the home network speaker market. And who can deny the similar aesthetics? HomePod is a toy. Their streaming and audio is falling behind. Beats acquisition is just another typical misstep huge corporations make when they have too much $ and start acquiring - makes them soft. 

Apple has built a following by NOT being Microsoft/IBM bloated behemoths anchored to obsolete/aging tech. They need a leapfrog approach to become cutting edge innovators again. Jobs must be spinning in his grave! Can you imagine the mini Phantom from the Renault car?

I’d have Apple acquire D for the Phantom technology, spin off the high end, keep the name, and allow it to continue to innovate with $ influx and software engineering support, trickling down the tech to the home network Phantom line...

Messages In This Thread
Should Apple acquire Devialet/Phantom? - by snbeall - 08-Feb-2018, 15:56