Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roon/Devialet
The review is wrong as far as I can see.

I think Alan Sircom is mistaking Roon's implementation of Devialet AIR as meaning that the Devialet is now Roon Ready. The AIR implementation does mean that Roon can see the Devialet on the network just as it sees Roon Ready devices, and it can stream to the Devialet over the network just as it streams to Roon Ready devices, but it does so using the AIR protocol rather than its own RAAT protocol which is what is used between a Roon Server and a Roon Ready device.

Devialet said in December that they were working on making the Expert Pro devices with the Core Infinity board Roon Ready but that has not been achieved yet. Roon don't show Devialet amps as being Roon Ready and Devialet don't claim that they are Roon Ready so that makes it as certain as possible that Devialet amps are definitely not Roon Ready. I don't think making the Devialet Roon Ready is going to change anything in terms of how easy it is to stream from Roon to a Devialet but the way the data is streamed will change if the Devialet is a Roon Ready device. It will be interesting to see if that would result in any improvements in sound quality/stability or anything else.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
Roon/Devialet - by ozthepoz - 14-Feb-2018, 19:52
Roon/Devialet - by disarmamant - 14-Feb-2018, 20:40
RE: Roon/Devialet - by David A - 14-Feb-2018, 21:37
RE: Roon/Devialet - by Confused - 15-Feb-2018, 14:44
RE: Roon/Devialet - by Flashman - 16-Feb-2018, 14:19