Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CI Experience qith Qobuz
Couldn't find a thread that exactly fitted what I wanted to cover so apologies for starting another...

220Pro updated to CI without a problem a few weeks ago.

Speedy UPS pickup from local corner shop, bit odd putting the box on the floor next to the crisps and fizzy drinks but within a few hours it was on its way.
UPS returned the box unannounced despite ticking all the checkboxes on the UPS website to keep me informed of progress but luckily I was in.

Prior to upgrade Qobuz Hifi trial was not great, significant stuttering via AIR plus it stopped completely after an hour.
Post upgrade Qobuz Hifi trial a lot better i.e. no stuttering (but see point 4 below) and sound quality excellent although not as clear / delicate as the Chord Blu.

Issues I am having which I would be interested to know if anybody else is having are...

1 When changing tracks on Qobuz, especially when previous track is still playing, sound stops. Cycling through the Dev inputs back to Air restores the sound. Do any other Qobuz users have this issue?
2 Occasionally 'My Devialet' drops off the network. In this case the only solution appears to be switching the amp off and on. Any views?
3 When Qobuz first loads up (on a Dell XPS 13 with 16GB of ram) there is a noticeable increase in hiss. Do other users experience this?
4 As mentioned, no stuttering but... yesterday my young niece came round and while I was trying to impress her with my 21st century gear there was severe stuttering of the sound. I gave up at this stage but subsequently it struck me that she was using her Iphone at the time and a brief google shows a number of posts re iphones causing network dropouts. Anybody else think this may be possible?

Overall very happy to the point I am planning on getting rid of a significant %age of my CDs and hope (naively) that Devialet will eventually have Qobuz running natively on the Amp which will further improve sound quality / reliability
Chord Blu > D200 > Martin Logan Ethos : Saddleworth, England

Messages In This Thread
CI Experience qith Qobuz - by Tony - 18-Feb-2018, 17:32
RE: CI Experience qith Qobuz - by arcam - 18-Feb-2018, 17:54
RE: CI Experience qith Qobuz - by K4680 - 18-Feb-2018, 18:09
RE: CI Experience qith Qobuz - by arcam - 18-Feb-2018, 18:44
RE: CI Experience qith Qobuz - by K4680 - 18-Feb-2018, 18:56
RE: CI Experience qith Qobuz - by arcam - 18-Feb-2018, 18:48
RE: CI Experience qith Qobuz - by Tony - 18-Feb-2018, 19:13
RE: CI Experience qith Qobuz - by Tony - 22-Feb-2018, 20:12