Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D200 companion reboots when optical input used
Hi,
I have a D200+D200 companion dual mono setup, since May 2016. 
Just recently, I altered my config file and added one input to the slave unit. I activated the second optical input (it's called "Optical 1 s", in the online config tool). This required to also install the trigger cable between the master and slave unit, since I didn't have any input activated on the slave unit at this time. I have used inputs on the slave unit before too ("analog" input from my turntable), without any significant problems. However, now the new input not only refuses to function and transmit sound, it also causes the slave unit to re-boot as soon as this source is selected. Furthermore, the slave unit only starts up again as soon as another input source is selected. If I remain on the new input, the slave unit stays switched off. The trigger cable is installed according to the schematics shown in the online configurator and the signal is Toslink optical signal from an Apple Airport Express and can't really short circuit or anything like that, to cause it to reboot.

Anyone had- or heard of this kind of problem? As far as I know the trigger cable is not broken. 

My summery is that I have never used a digital input on the slave unit before and that's pretty much the only new and unknown thing added.

Devialet support could not answer this over the phone and had me send an email, but no reply yet (4 days ago).
Ken - a new Devialet fan, located in Sweden  Cool

Messages In This Thread
D200 companion reboots when optical input used - by KenH - 26-Feb-2018, 13:53