Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D200 companion reboots when optical input used
(02-Mar-2018, 18:08)ovo Wrote: Ken,

It's good that it all worked eventually. Every Devialet owner will recognise that mixture of rage and nausea that follows seemingly illogical results from a new firmware or config installation.

I have had a number of the issues that you noticed, in the past, but not since I installed the most recent Beta firmware and created a config file 'outside' my Account - and, just as importantly, since I practiced 'safe' SD card hygene - by re-formattting the cards before each download.

I would be interested to know if you can still use AIR after switching between files of different Bit/Sample rates - If I do that then I have to scroll through the inputs to get back to AIR - and if I turn mine off with the remote, I have to follow the switch off, unplug and re-plug routine to use AIR.

Although I guess that now you just walk quietly when you are near your Devialets in case something changes.

I know that some people have suggested that it should be possible to change the config files online, without using the SD card - I can just imagine the chaos that would result.
@KenH
“Second attempt did make a difference and now the companion did not turn on and boot when the master turned on and if I manually switched on the companion it said that there were no link to the master. Wtf!?”

This also happened to me. Turned out that the SD Card in the Companion was not inserted properly, making the C think it was a lone 220, and telling me that there was no link to the Master.

Edit: by the way, I made an anonymous configuration, carefully following Océane’s instructions and it enabled me to use the pre-outs on the Companion, just like I used to, without having a button on the remote dedicated to switching the pre-outs on and off.
This is the first time that my pre-outs have worked since having the CI upgrade and has made me a happy bunny! I cleared the cache and cookies between downloading each configuration for Master and Companion.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England

Messages In This Thread
RE: D200 companion reboots when optical input used - by Axel - 03-Mar-2018, 05:18