Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D200 companion reboots when optical input used
(02-Mar-2018, 18:08)ovo Wrote: Ken,

It's good that it all worked eventually. Every Devialet owner will recognise that mixture of rage and nausea that follows seemingly illogical results from a new firmware or config installation.

I have had a number of the issues that you noticed, in the past, but not since I installed the most recent Beta firmware and created a config file 'outside' my Account - and, just as importantly, since I practiced 'safe' SD card hygene - by re-formattting the cards before each download.

I would be interested to know if you can still use AIR after switching between files of different Bit/Sample rates - If I do that then I have to scroll through the inputs to get back to AIR - and if I turn mine off with the remote, I have to  follow the switch off, unplug and re-plug routine to use AIR.

Although I guess that now you just walk quietly when you are near your Devialets in case something changes.

I know that some people have suggested that it should be possible to change the config files online, without using the SD card - I can just imagine the chaos that would result.

Hi,
I have not noticed this problem with switching between files with different bit/sample rates.
The routine with the SD-cards should not be needed, one would think...
There are SD-cards with built-in WiFi. That could work but I don't dare trying Wink
Ken - a new Devialet fan, located in Sweden  Cool

Messages In This Thread
RE: D200 companion reboots when optical input used - by KenH - 06-Mar-2018, 11:16