Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet to Mac mini direct
Hello everyone.
Hopefully someone can help me out as I’m still unsure if I should upgrade my Pro now or still wait a while longer Blush
My setup at the moment is a direct connection between my Devialet 440 Pro and a Mac mini, via Ethernet cable and fixed IP addresses on both. No Router in between.
I’m using Audirvana as the playback software, and Air 3.04........ It all works beautifully, no, flawlessly is the better word; I turn on my Amp, the Mac mini wakes from standby and a few seconds later I’m able to play music without any drops, stuttering, white noise, etc. I LOVE ITS SIMPLICITY Heart
Now comes the tricky part. In the near future I’m guessing having the CI board installed with be a major benefit, with the option of Internet Radio, AirPlay and Spotify support and, and, and..........
As I’ve holidays coming up soon and will have time to “Play” with my Devialet’s, I’m considering sending them in now for the upgrade, but am scare that the Devialet’s and Mac mini won’t be able to communicate with each other because of the lack of Fixed IP support, when they arrive back.
USB isn’t an option for me, the distance between the two machines is too great.
Is there anybody with a similar setup too mine who has no issues using fixed IP’s..... or does it work for you without? Is fixed IP’s even still necessary, or can I leave the option with automatically given DHCP addresses turned on?
I’m asking as in the Beta software (DOS 2.2.0 beta12 + Firmware 12.2.6) description it’s written that Fixed Mode support has still to be resolved, and l can’t imagine I’m the only one who’s wondering “Hey, will it or won’t it work!” I’m an avid reader here and unfortunately couldn’t find any answers Sad
If anyone can help me out, a big thanks and thumbs up from me, a lost Aussie living in Germany Shy
Pro 440, B&W 804D, HMS In Concerto Speaker cables, Audioquest Jitterbug & Cinnamon USB, 2018 Mac Mini with 8Gb RAM, Furutech G320 Power cable, Audirvana Studio, 4 x 2TB SSD External Drives

Messages In This Thread
Devialet to Mac mini direct - by Dougiet - 13-Mar-2018, 17:51
RE: Devialet to Mac mini direct - by Baldoun - 13-Mar-2018, 18:53
RE: Devialet to Mac mini direct - by Dougiet - 14-Mar-2018, 18:57
RE: Devialet to Mac mini direct - by JohnnySix - 19-Mar-2018, 14:07
RE: Devialet to Mac mini direct - by Dougiet - 25-Mar-2018, 16:03