Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
130 pro + KEF LS50 vs KEF LS50 Wireless
(30-Mar-2018, 11:34)wikeeboy Wrote: I have the white/copper finish. They look lovely! Such a nice and simple solution for a second system. For me its the family living area.

Audio memory is a tough thing. I do remember getting bored of the passive ls50's pretty quickly, and although SAM made a significant difference to the bottom end, i found i was bottoming them out too much which was frustrating.

My initial thoughts are that they are a great all round package. I think you're wasting your time and money if you run the passives with a devialet. Just get the actives and be done with it. If i want a 'serious' system i'll listen to my big rig, for the secondary system the actives make perfect sense.

I need to have some more time over the weekend giving these puppies a decent thump.. Staright out of the gate though, if i had the choice between a dev and passive ls50's, or active ls50's with sub/subs hands down i'd go active with subs.

Still don't understand. Using wireless speakers totally bypasses the amplifier part of the Devialet meaning it is reduced to a (very expensive) sound processing unit or am I simplifying things too much?
Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI | Sonus Faber Olympica II | Crystal cable speaker cables, interlink and power cables | ROON Rock on Intel NUC | Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
RE: 130 pro + KEF LS50 vs KEF LS50 Wireless - by iamwappie - 30-Mar-2018, 15:21