Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation
(08-Jun-2019, 20:24)Johnnydev Wrote: Please Can you tell something more about your shielding experience ?

Well perhaps shielding is not the proper term. At the time, I was trying different constellations of the GISO Isolator which according to the manufacturer was „For the galvanic isolation of network data cables for audio use“.

I had connected it between my Router and Melco in a couple of different ways (with the provided interconnect, without, and in different directions) and one of the constellations really changed the sound signature. In some of the passages the sound was extremely spacious and sounded almost surreal but it others it was over the top. To much of a good thing and more artificial.

Not sure if this mirrors Guillaume‘s experience, but there was definitely some „dissonance“ going on.
Kii Three Speakers | JL Audio Fathom Subwoofer  | KEF LS50 Speakers | Samsung 850 Soundbar
Innuos Statement | Trinnov Altitude 32 | PS Audio Stellar S300 Amp | T+A HA 200 Headphone Amplifier | Meze Empyrean Headphones
Sean Jacobs DC-3 Custom Build LPS | Roon Core DIY Server | SOtM sNH-10G Modded Switch | Oppo UDP-205 Blu-Ray/SACD Player
T+A G 2000 R Turntable | DS Audio E1 Optical Stylus | Gordian Lab 12 Power Conditioner | Artesania Audio Rack

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - by baconbrain - 08-Jun-2019, 23:01