Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Phantoms boring... now that they work perfect?
In my experience of just over a year with 2 gold phantoms, I definitely do not find them boring; love listening to them and do not regret the decision to purchase them.  I literally pine for opportunities to listen to them without distraction.  That said, the phantom experience as a whole is not entirely satisfactory due to a variety of shortcomings ranging from waking up in the middle of the night to the speakers suddenly playing, to software frustrations like there being a lack of a "go to" EQ, to hardware issues like the Dialogue needing to be replaced. In fact, I wish my experience with the speakers was more boring in that I'd like my listening sessions to be consistently predictable.  For the moment, the sessions are akin to the feeling I have when watching championship figure skating, I never know if the effort is going to render a moment of artistic history or a face plant.  For this reason I am extremely selective as to whom I recommend these speakers.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are Phantoms boring... now that they work perfect? - by JDtheJD - 14-Apr-2018, 02:08