Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disappointed w/ Gold Phantom. Am I doing I wrong?
Yeah basically the bass is only played at the level intended and it’s not distorted so a lot of people aren’t used to that because distortion is generally perceived as loudness. When there is no distortion it can initially seem underwhelming.

In this case though I think your listening area is too small for the density of sound being output from the Phantom.

If I put my Phantom in a small area and play a song with heavy bass it either sounds WAY WAY TOO overpowering or completely lacking, almost non existent. If I put it in a large area the sound becomes almost live feeling. Big bass that travels the room and really reverberates well.

Phantom is 100% absolutely dependant on placement. If there is not enough material in the room it can sound like there’s no bass at certain frequencies. If there’s too much material it can sound flat. Reflective surfaces help the sound flow but too many can stop it in its tracks. If it’s positioned in the middle of the room or in an area where there is space to walk around it on all sides the bass can sound non existent in a small room. I’d place it closer to a wall. But not in a curve. Just a flat area of wall.

In all my testing of the Gold Phantom it should be strong at all levels. With noticeably thick bass starting at 40% and up. 80%+ should be actually room shaking. Like thunderous. Felt in your body.

Gold Phantom in my experience has powered a small concert in a warehouse with bass as thick as a nightclub. So at higher volumes you should really be shook. I truly believe the smaller the room the worse it sounds. Especially as you go up the range of Phantom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Devialet Phantom (White)

Messages In This Thread
Disappointed w/ Gold Phantom. Am I doing I wrong? - by kmjy - 12-Apr-2018, 21:21