Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Archimago's Musings: On the Joy of Numbers
(17-Apr-2018, 16:50)f1eng Wrote: Quick edit. I know there are plenty of owners who believe there have been SQ differences with each update of the Devialet. I do not. There have been lots of functional updates, and more power, but when I updated my D-Premiers to an 800 I did them one at a time. When the first 250 came back before sending the D-Premier back to be updated to 250 (so the pair of 250s would become a 800). Careful level matched sound quality comparison showed no difference in SQ using the AES input on the sort of music I listen to.
When I changed from 800 to Original d'Atelier there was too long in time between comparisons for any confident assessment.

I agree with you about the update from D-Premier to 250. In retrospect I thought it was money not spent wisely. But the update to the Pro version including CI was a very significant improvement especially for USB which I use now most of the time with my Innuos Zenith.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Archimago's Musings: On the Joy of Numbers - by Music or sound - 18-Apr-2018, 21:20