Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firmware 7.1.3 to 10.1.0, do I need more?
Hello Friends

As you may have noticed I have been away for such a long time due to work/life obligations. Not only away from the forum but I was away from my system as well. and man it feels good to be back!

In the process, unfortunately my system was so neglected that I did not even have time to update its firmware and I could not believe when I realized that my D400 was still on firmware 7.1.3!

Today I got my act together and upgraded the firmware to version 10.1.0 along with new configuration files. and boy oh boy did the sound improve! I do not want to exaggerate, but my D400 is unmistakably better now! It is more open and has better control on lower frequencies like never before. I honestly believe now that I was doing myself a big disfavor by not upgrading the firmware a long time ago. 

Actually, the system now with FW 10.1.0 sounds several notches above FW 7.1.3 to the point it makes me wonder what would I get in terms of sound quality (and not any additional functionality or features) if I upgrade to Expert Pro with CI? Also what is the risk of any potential issues related to CI bugs? or is that sorted out?

What do you guys think? I would really appreciate hearing your thoughts.

Thanks!
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE

Messages In This Thread
Firmware 7.1.3 to 10.1.0, do I need more? - by amabrok - 27-Apr-2018, 10:03