Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet v Benchmark/Parasound/Pass Labs
(05-Dec-2014, 23:43)Kari Wrote: Damon,

My question was, in fact, a very specific technical question, and the opinion I asked for did concern exactly that and not about sound character and musical expression. ......

Kari

Kari,

Thanks. I understand your original query differently now. I thought that you were going from the purely technical aspects of different equipment to the question of which 'sound' was preferable. You mentioned a possible preference for 'ear pleasing distortion'. Looking at the earlier responses, I wonder if I am not the only one who interpreted your letter that way.

And so in my reply I was simply musing about the differences in musical presentation, and thinking that musicality and accuracy are not necessarily always related (in reproduction). Measurements are interesting to a point, but are not of enduring interest to me, though JA's measurements insert makes a pleasant diversion for a few minutes.

In any event, I think that you are involved in audio at a level well above mine, not least in terms of cost, so your audio exposure and experience appear to be wider than mine as well.

But the comparative discussions are fun, and I'll say that for a small forum, this one has some excellent contributions.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet v Benchmark/Parasound/Pass Labs - by Damon - 06-Dec-2014, 19:31