Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auralic Aires G2
(13-May-2018, 17:57)Stino Wrote: The G2 is a beauty. The software is being enhanced with some new features to be ROON approved. I've heart that the law of diminishing returns is into play when you use high res streaming and compare to devices half of the price. So although the G2 is the best the difference in high res streaming is subtle. Can you confirm this? Perhaps you had the opportunity to compare with the G1 (which does not have the opportunity to link an external master clock)?

Stino

You are correct with the law of diminishing returns like all hi end audio, the G2 is nearly 
twice the price of the Aurender N100H but I do not get twice the sound from it, but what I get to me its worth it.

No I did not have a chance to check out the G1, but it sound like it could be a real winner.
The G2 is already a Roon end point, could it become a Roon Core Server lets hope so.

(13-May-2018, 18:01)K4680 Wrote: Hello BrainT, maybe that helps! Rolleyes 
Congratulations to the Aries G2.

https://support.auralic.com/hc/en-us/art...y-an-Album

K4680

Thanks for posting the link, I had already checked that page out.
The problem I am having is trying to select a single track, if I tap on the track I want 
it will play that track and add all the files below to the playlist.

I have to find an simple way of add only one track

(13-May-2018, 19:34)baddog Wrote: Hello Brian - Thanks for sharing out the review and the pictures as well, I cannot tell by looking but does it take a full size 3.5" hard drive?
baddog

It takes a 2.5" drive, no limitations on the size.

Yes the USB input sounding better than the AES/EBU is a big surprise to me as well.

(13-May-2018, 19:50)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Not sure how it relates to performance (if at all) but their circuits and internals are very tidy and aesthetically pleasing. You know, in relative terms. Smile

Interesting about the USB.

Steve

Yes it is beautiful inside, looks like it was made with care.

I can not believe that the USB sounded better than the AES/EBU but not just to me
but to 3 other people as well.

(13-May-2018, 20:53)midi Wrote: Today I have seen the G1 at the Munich Highend Show. I had no chance to ask, what the differents between the G2 and the G1 are. Surely the one piece aluminium body. But the G1 seems to be the better offer.

Midi

Did you manger to find the price point of the G1, as I am sure it will be a winner.

Thanks all Brian
Vinnie Rossi L2iSE integrated amp, VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, 
Auralic Aries G2, Audience Front Row USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Audience Front Row Bi wire speaker cables, 
6 x OREA Bronze Footers.
                                                                 Ottawa, Canada.                                                                                      

Messages In This Thread
Auralic Aires G2 - by BrianT - 13-May-2018, 15:40
RE: Auralic Aires G2 - by Stino - 13-May-2018, 17:57
RE: Auralic Aires G2 - by BrianT - 14-May-2018, 01:08
RE: Auralic Aires G2 - by K4680 - 13-May-2018, 18:01
RE: Auralic Aires G2 - by baddog - 13-May-2018, 19:34
RE: Auralic Aires G2 - by Hifi_swlon - 13-May-2018, 19:50
RE: Auralic Aires G2 - by baddog - 13-May-2018, 20:37
RE: Auralic Aires G2 - by midi - 13-May-2018, 20:53