Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Quitting devialet, going Pass Labs
Burgundy,

It is totally fine that you found a sound that you prefer in other equipment. Personally, I don't think I would go back to tubes, so the Jadis is not a draw for me. Likewise Jolida or Cary. I really wanted to love Unison, but alas... even being Italian, it wasn't doing the job. I do think that Pass builds some very, very fine amplifiers and they could easily be in the 'different, but equal' category. Naim is sort of seductive that way as well, but it also does not present the clear, strong, defined sonic picture that the Devialet does. At least not in the sub 500 series range.

Perhaps consider the Absolare tube integrated amps. If @GuillaumeB has been seduced by them, then they must be special indeed. it's only money, after all.

I will say that I am a bit sceptical about the 'dynamics' observation. Clear, clean uncolored dynamic capability is a Devialet strength. The D200 is not a powerhouse, and your speakers would have a great deal to do with this aspect of the sound.

If you do change, let us know what takes your heart and fancy.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
RE: Quitting devialet, going Pass Labs - by Damon - 17-May-2018, 05:07