Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possibilty to connect other brands ?
(29-May-2018, 02:07)mac Wrote: @ gremlin :
Why ? just to have music by wifi in other rooms at a low price ; I simply cannot afford a pair of golds in every room !

@ pim :
I'll have a look.
You actually mean that Roon devices can be simply connected to the Dialog ? Great !
Are they visible when running Spark and is it possible to get different music in different rooms ?
(rookie's questions... sorry...)

Roon would be replacing Spark in this case. So you would need some device to run Roon on, like a NAS or a computer, and a Roon ready device in front of the DAC, amplifier or active speakers you'll be using. It also needs to plug into the Dialog. So the Roon ready (endpoint) device will plug into one of the inputs on the Dialog. I assume the Toslink will be what you would be using.

You'll find plenty of information when you google 'cheap Roon endpoint'

This might be a long shot but there's been a recent post here on DC about a new version of Spark that will replace Spark on the Phantom and also work on the Expert range with Core Infinity upgrade. One never knows what Devialet are planning to do but it might just be a good idea to wait what this new software will do. I can imagine for instance that you can use the USB port on the Dialog as an output. Who knows?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Messages In This Thread
Possibilty to connect other brands ? - by mac - 28-May-2018, 21:14
RE: Possibilty to connect other brands ? - by Pim - 29-May-2018, 02:50