Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Less bass now I have a second Gold Phantom?
Has anyone else experienced less bass after adding a second phantom? 

I've had just one Gold Phantom for the last 6 months, and I am quite used to the incredible sound it's produced. All though every now and again it muffles parts of a song, i'm guessing due to it being mono. But most of the time it was great and the bass from the one phantom was extraordinary. 

For example Joe Cocker - You are so beautiful - Organic album, at 0.18 seconds in to the song a really nice low bass note would hit. BUT now I have two Gold Phantoms, that Bass note has virtually gone, much to my disappointment. 

Another example is First of the Year (Equinox) - Skrillex - More Monsters & Sprites album - at 1.07 into the song, the bass is not what it was.

I am enjoying the stereo sound produced from the two speakers, but i feel like i haven't really gained much from buying a second, and in fact I'm feeling I've lost out in a way. 

I'm using a dialog box now. Still using Spotify on the exact same settings. The first speaker is in exactly the same place it was, i've just added a second one on the other side of the room. I've moved them in and out from the walls, no difference.

Would appreciate any thoughts.

Messages In This Thread
Less bass now I have a second Gold Phantom? - by brandtashley - 30-May-2018, 04:00