Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom and Ableton Live/Logic Pro
Following on from @thumb5 excellent OAC meeting questions and answers post, I attempted to follow the Direct Optical mode procedure.  However, I was unsuccessful with step 4 and beyond.

So, I submitted a request last week to seek clarification of the procedure and, many thanks to Mei (Customer Care) and Eric Gaillard (Integration professional), today I received that clarification.  Just as importantly, I also have the simple procedure to exit this mode.

Oops! I failed at step 4 either because of user error or rather user mis-interpretation.  Blush

Never mind, I have now successfully setup a Phantom in Direct Optical mode. Hurrah! ?

Just in case there is anyone else who thinks like me, god help you, I’ve enhanced the original procedure.  Apologies to thumb5.

1: get the Phantom to emit its startup sound.  This might be achieved by pressing the back button 3 times or simply by switching on the Phantom.
2: launch Devialet Phantom Remote IOS app (not Spark)
3: pair Phantom with app
4: in app, tap ten times rapidly on a free space area (eg. between the “mute” and “night” icons).  If done correctly, a series of pop-up windows will appear as follows.
5: Option - select Optical Direct
6: Channel - select as appropriate (L/R/mix)
7: Volume - select as appropriate (0dB/-12dB/+12dB) nb - 0dB equals Phantom playing at 100% of its capacity without any audio compression
8: Optical - a success or failure message

To go back to normal mode, simply press the back button 3 times to execute a reset to factory settings.

Finally, I hope to use this weekend to test the differences between normal/Direct Optical mode, using REW to take measurements, with respect to frequency range and particularly delay/latency.

Messages In This Thread
Phantom and Ableton Live/Logic Pro - by jmm123 - 18-Jun-2018, 11:37
RE: Phantom and Ableton Live/Logic Pro - by alandbush - 20-Jul-2018, 18:20