Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A week until the 2-year Anniversary of Phantom Gold announcement.
It seems a lot of people are excited about hardware improvements. Actually, I am quite happy with the hardware. Phantom sounds great. IMHO, it is the software that Devialet needs to work on. Spark is not really a breakthrough in user interface design, responsiveness and reliability. It takes a lot of resources on my Mac as well as on my iOS devices. It would be really nice for existing users, if it would become more responsive and would take some inspiration form other great (streaming) software that is around. It would also be much easier if other software could directly stream to Dialog and adjust the volume without jumping through hoops. An interface to bluetooth / WiFi capable remotes would also be highly appreciated. To pick up a smartphone/tablet/computer for adjusting volume is not always the best idea. Unfortunately the Devialet "Remote" is far from it's original concept which included a display. I am a great fan of evolving products where existing users are surprised with new features and functionalities. It is software/firmware we are talking about, something that could be developed with relative ease compared to hardware that sticks around as it is. What do you think?

Innuos Zen Mini MK3 -> (Ethernet / Audioquest Optical) -> Dialog & 2x White Phantom
Pro-Ject Carbon Debut Esprit Turntable with Ortofon Red -> (Cinch/RCA) Musical Fidelity Merlin -> (AudioQuest Optical) to Phantom
Master & Dynamics MH40, Audeze Sine, AudioQuest Dragonfly Red; Remote Control via macOS and iOS devices (Devialet App / Innuos Sense /iPeng / Audirvāna Studio)

Messages In This Thread
RE: A week until the 2-year Anniversary of Phantom Gold announcement. - by seb - 25-Jun-2018, 03:17