Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet 220 pro vs Naim NAP250
Am I the only one who thinks this might actually be a genuine question from someone for whom English is not a first language?

Consider that if you are looking for a high quality Streamer / DAC / amplifier that has native Spotify support, both the 220Pro and the Naim NAP250DR + NAC272 offer pretty much identical functionality, and are both products with a decent reputation for sound quality.  Plus, at UK retail prices, they are indeed direct competitors, the pricing is almost identical.

It is a while since I have listened to a Naim amp, but I do know that a few Pro owners on this forum have come from Naim amps, so may have a better understanding of the differences than I have.

One thing I would say is that this is a Devialet forum, so the consensus is likely to be that the 220Pro is by far the better product.  A far more detailed and realistic sound, better dynamics, more accurate bass with far better bass extension.

I am guessing that on a Naim forum the 220Pro is likely to be considered as sounding too clinical, poor at conveying the emotions in the music and looks like a chrome plated pizza box.

You pay your money (which is the same) and take your choice.

Joking apart, I think the 220Pro is a very fine piece of kit, and in terms of ultimate sound quality is unmatched at the price point.

If the OP was a wind up, then I look like an idiot, but hey, nothing new there! Confused
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
Devialet 220 pro vs Naim NAP250 - by Kabirsh - 26-Jun-2018, 21:42
RE: Devialet 220 pro vs Naim NAP250 - by Confused - 27-Jun-2018, 12:48
RE: Devialet 220 pro vs Naim NAP250 - by Damon - 27-Jun-2018, 16:23
RE: Devialet 220 pro vs Naim NAP250 - by Stino - 27-Jun-2018, 17:31