Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please help - My devialet D-premier sounds crap
Thanks a ton everyone Smile

You all have been really helpful. Before anything else I owe a few replies to previous suggestions :

1. My devialet d-premier 's version is 8.0.0
2. The d-premier doesn't have SAM. 
3. And it doesn't have a ethernet port either.

As per your well meant suggestions , I moved the pmc's and the devialet into my daughter's bedroom. And the improvement in sound was night and day. And that is without trying to optimize anything. I just plonked the speakers on the floor, connected my old supra cables and removed the SD card to revert to factory configuration . And just streamed tidal via co-ax in from my yamaha wxc-50. And it sounded splendid. 

For the first time since my purchase,  I was laughing cheekily Big Grin

And its only today that I saw promise in the sound. Now iam sure I can improve it further by adding a  good source, room treatment, power conditioning and cables. 

Thanks to all for taking time out to help. I don't know if the new room or reverting back to factory settings did the trick. But iam really happy now with iam hearing. 

I unfortunately have to travel tonight , and am impatient to get back home on Friday and play with the speaker positioning and my cables.  Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Please help - My devialet D-premier sounds crap - by newlash09 - 11-Jul-2018, 16:01