Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audioquest Niagara 5000 to use with dual monos
(08-Nov-2018, 10:17)Rama Wrote: Devialet 440 Pro CI is already a very capable machine. However the presentation falls apart when playing complex musical pieces. I have always heard about how on a good hifi you can hear how big the recording venue was, another sort after characteristic is soundstage depth and layering. Does the Niagra 5000 add to any of the above attributes?

On a separate note I had also read about how on a good setup you can hear individual guitar strings.  Well after adding the AQ Tornado to my mains block it became very apparent as to what all the hifi magazines were alluding to. So obviously there is some merit to claims that AQ as a company is doing something special.

not too easy to address and qualify the subjective values you may place on "depth and layering" but the addition of the 5000 yielded a dramatic increase in weight , clarity and authority.  The unit appears to be ideal for Dev. monos with the two dedicated high current outlets.  I am using a Tornado from an AQ Edison wall outlet to the 5000 with two NRG Z3's out to the 440's.  There is a new level of clarity and "silence" if that makes any sense.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Audioquest Niagara 5000 to use with dual monos - by Wdw - 08-Nov-2018, 10:34