Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yet another Dual Mono Configuration Glitch!
Hi All,

Finally I am a happy/not-so-happy owner of D400!!!

please click on my system to check the latest update

Happy because my initial impression is simply mind blowing !!! I was worried that the slave unit will sound odd/off compared to my well run-in master. but glad to hear that this slave unit sound smoother out of the box compared to the original D200.

Sound stage is bigger and the D400 has a much better control over my speakers and bass is deep and powerful to the extent that i even like the sound more with SAM off!

however, not-so-happy because now i have the Dual Mono configuration pains!!!! my iOS/Android apps see the D400 but does not control it any more! i was mindful of the Dual Mono configuration issues so i decided to play it safe and ran the D400 on the factory configuration with only 2 changes (added SAM profile for my ML ESL and added my wifi network SSID and Password) and that't it.

but here we go, though i was trying to make my life simple, i lost the app control !!!

Also another observation, when i access the information menu on the Devialet (by press and hold for 2 sec on the Tone button) i noticed that the slave unit skips screen 1 and goes directly to screen 2! and when i press the tone button to display the next screen, the master will be on screen 2 and the slave will be on screen 3 and so on till the end. while this is minor but still it is a glitch and because of that for example i am unable to access the S/N of the slave unit from the display of the information menu!!!

any of you encountered that? and any idea why the Devialet app lost control on the D400?

Devialet should really get their act together and address all the glitches in the their dual mono configuration
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE

Messages In This Thread
Yet another Dual Mono Configuration Glitch! - by amabrok - 01-Dec-2014, 14:08