Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Was a new DAC installed for the those who had an upgrade to Expert Pro?
I have to say I'm also surprised they didn't update to something that can handle higher bitrates etc, as it does seem the direction the industry's going. But my hunch is this is significantly harder work for them since it means they have to update all their DSP code too, and most likely the'd have to do loads of extra R&D to work out the foibles of a different DAC chip (or custom FPGA method). The pro's is quite incremental in their update rather than radical in that sense.

Whether or not this is important seems very much down to individuals... If Devialet had numbers/measurements to prove one way or the other, it would be great to see but I think theres slim chance of that, and I dont think they've ever published anything except the headline numbers they like. Im sure in the past they've said the DAC architecture isnt the limiting factor, but whit all the recent pro upgrades, this may no longer be the case?

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
RE: Was a new DAC installed for the those who had an upgrade to Expert Pro? - by Hifi_swlon - 11-Jul-2018, 15:50