Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Direct cable connect Phantom Gold with Macbook or iPhone
(21-Jul-2018, 07:39)Jean-Claude Wrote: Excellent thread !

It  makes me discover that I can enhance my sound quality when I use one of my two Phantom Gold during my stay in a second residence. At home I listen to my music only from cds and vinyls, using optical connexions, but there I use a MacBook with an external hard drive and a wifi connexion. I was not aware of a possibility with that digital to analogic sense (and yet I use a DAC to digitize my vinyls !). Looking on internet, my choice should be : Cambridge Audio Dac Magic Plus with Toslink HQ Platinum cable.

Thanks for the good advice

See above. If your MacBook supports it (not all models do) you can use a 3.5mm Mini Toslink to Toslink cable. You would not need an USB to Optical converter. You could even find an adapter to a standard Toslink cable. Something like this: https://www.audioquest.com/accessories/s...ni-adaptor

Innuos Zen Mini MK3 -> (Ethernet / Audioquest Optical) -> Dialog & 2x White Phantom
Pro-Ject Carbon Debut Esprit Turntable with Ortofon Red -> (Cinch/RCA) Musical Fidelity Merlin -> (AudioQuest Optical) to Phantom
Master & Dynamics MH40, Audeze Sine, AudioQuest Dragonfly Red; Remote Control via macOS and iOS devices (Devialet App / Innuos Sense /iPeng / Audirvāna Studio)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Direct cable connect Phantom Gold with Macbook or iPhone - by seb - 23-Jul-2018, 13:39