Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Guillaume's post quoted on DAR
I've just taken a look at the Darko article, two thoughts occur to me.

Firstly, just how rude is Darko to Guillaume? Referring to him as "Devialet Chat administrator?", the correct title is of course "Le Gouverneur de Devialet Chat", an entirely different thing. That's like referring to Her Majesty the Queen as Teresa May's secretary.

The second point is a little more technical. The main thrust of the article is comparisons between the ZENith SE versus the ZENith Statement, which is fair enough. These comparisons are using USB for both items. Guillaume - I am assuming that the comparison you heard on the day was with the ZENiths feeding the Kii's via USB?

OK - The above is straightforward stuff. The article then goes on to state that similar differences can be heard between the ZENith SE and ZENith Statement when feeding the Kii's via Ethernet. This is interesting. Interesting because I know that many people would argue that any sound quality differences via Ethernet would be technically impossible, considering you have packet data being buffered in memory in the Kii's. For example, I am quite sure the Kii's would keep playing for a while even if you pulled the Ethernet cable out. Of course, there are many that will argue that this is possible, or maybe possible due to reasons not yet fully understood. In which case, all of this has implications for users of Devialet AIR, maybe AIR would perform better if you use a ZENith or whatever, rather than a stock PC or Mac? By the way, I am not proposing a view one way or the other here, I just thought it was interesting that Darko mentions this rather controversial topic at the end of the article.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
Guillaume's post quoted on DAR - by Pim - 31-Jul-2018, 10:17
RE: Guillaume's post quoted on DAR - by K4680 - 31-Jul-2018, 11:01
RE: Guillaume's post quoted on DAR - by Confused - 01-Aug-2018, 21:46