Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does playing over DLNA to my Devialet is working so bad?
I had a little bit of spare time this morning, so in the spirit of forum cooperation, I thought I would try the UPnP with JRiver MC20. It was very easy to get working, and I tried with a number of 24bit tracks, up to 192kHz.

It sounded good, although it seemed a bit louder than normal for any given volume setting.

At first, I thought I was going to simply report that it works fine in my system, but no, at the start of the second track (24/192) I had just a little bit of stuttering. This was repeated on a number of occasions. Most of the time it worked fine, it was perfectly listenable, and some 24bit tracks started and played with no stuttering at any time. It was not perfect though, one track "paused" about two minutes in for three seconds or so, then the next track stuttered momentarily at the start. Just little annoying little glitches creeping in.

This is using exactly the same network that feeds my microRendu or sMS200Ultra upsampled to 24/192 with zero issues, in fact, it will also run Roon AIR or AIR without issues too.

Having done the 24bit file test, I thought I would have a listen to some very familiar material, just for a listen. Interestingly, I also had some early track stuttering with 16/44.1 tracks, and after a very quick listen I could not help but think that for me, UPnP does not sound as good as AIR. So maybe it would be worth trying AIR for a while, it might be stable and sound a little better?
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why does playing over DLNA to my Devialet is working so bad? - by Confused - 12-Aug-2018, 10:12