Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does playing over DLNA to my Devialet is working so bad?
(13-Aug-2018, 08:58)ogs Wrote: I had too little time on Sunday, but I managed to get some testing done. I actually had the exact same experience as @Confused (in post 5). A bit of stuttering some times and complete silence for 3-5 seconds on a few occasions. Sound quality was quite good, especially midrange. Gapless didn't work which is a deal breaker for me. If gapless worked I'd do more testing as that midrange quality would be nice to have! I still suspect that Audirvana has better sound overall than the setup I tried. As I use Windows 7 I couldn't get the trial of Audirvana to run. The Windows version is beta anyway and has yet to have remote control. @ada may be right that UPnP sounds very good, but it depends on which software is used.

I have just updated the other thread that you may want to see a very interesting outputs. I have a Windows machine in my home but I don't have JRiver, I don't know how it's license work but somehow if I reach it, I can also sniff the traffic in it's UPnP integration. We might see if Audirvana has a superior integration of UPnP when you compare to JRiver.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why does playing over DLNA to my Devialet is working so bad? - by ada - 13-Aug-2018, 20:25