Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does playing over DLNA to my Devialet is working so bad?
As I don't have RAAT to test, this sounds totally right for me. If they started with UDP and end up with using TCP then for sure Roon is in the correct direction and they have already suffered from UDP and it's faulty world. We are not talking about a possibility, UDP will cause errors for sure in almost in all the scenarios we have in our homes, it is almost impossible to be sure the sender and receiver are sharing the 100% same data.

I have just started to read the UPnP architecture documentation, there are 3 different ways of implementing it, maybe Audirvana went for the most advance solution to be sure the quality of the streaming is the main target. But I haven't reached that much of details yet. (Actually it is not too complex to discover as the flows are vice verse depends on pulling or pushing model maybe I will sit a bit more and try to discover)

But all in all, UPnP is a generic purpose solution that is not targeting any audiophiles by default, I am pretty sure there is a huge room to improve the things, if RAAT is already on TCP then I am sure they have a big possibility to reach/beat the UPnP quality but until that day, I will stay away from any kind of AIR based solution as my concern is not transferring protocol but the sound quality.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why does playing over DLNA to my Devialet is working so bad? - by ada - 13-Aug-2018, 22:59