Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does 140 pro + 140 pro without pre-amplified output board = 210 pro
Thank you so much for these responses guys!  I've been tearing my hair out as I did the wire transfer this morning only to discover that I had (possibly) goofed.

Confused:  I want to be able to drive my Stax headphone amp off the pre-outs as my family is not always supportive of my volume levels.  And a dedicated listening room is not an option.  Nor is trading in the family.

Thumb5 and anan:  In further fiddling with Configurator I arrived at the same conclusion as you that it should be possible by utilizing the otherwise unused output that can be either analog or digital.  The concern is that one amp has the pre-out board and the other does not, and the Configurator won't allow that--if you add a new Dev 140 with pre-amp board, they both show having it.  Which could be good news *if* the presence of a pre-out board in either of the units enables the pre-out in both.  Somehow that seems optimistic but I'll willing to be happily surprised.

Thank again!
Rexie

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does 140 pro + 140 pro without pre-amplified output board = 210 pro - by Rexie - 04-Nov-2018, 11:42