Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Past, present and future of music, some thoughts
Hi people,

As I listen to Simon and Garfunkel's "The Boxer" (in impressive 24/192 quality), I can't help feeling nostalgic. Not really for that period of time itself, where I wasn't even born, but for the wealth in quality music that was produced for the general mass at the time. I'm referring here between the late 50s and 80s.

Do you feel the same? I reckon there's some good music produced nowadays, some excellent one for the discerning listener.
And when I say good I mean more specifically music resulting from an original cultivated creative process, performed skilfully and passionately. That's good music for me, regardless of genre, as I listen to absolutely everything that fits that mould, from reggae to the most conservative baroque music works.

It just seems to me that nowadays there's an obvious lack of originality and skills to produce tasteful tunes.

Am I been too pessimistic here or do you feel kind of identified with this view? If so, do you see a change of trend in the future?

All opinions most welcome here!
Aurender X100 >> Totaldac USB cable >> D200 >> SF Olympica II

Italy

Messages In This Thread
Past, present and future of music, some thoughts - by MusicLover - 02-Dec-2014, 21:01