Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Developping a stereo system replacing spark + dialog
Hi there

Reading different reviews and after a quick listening session of one phantom recently, I am willing to buy 2 phantom gold next (the stereo setup looks to be such a big step)

But ... reading this forum, I got the confirmation that spark is awful and I am not convinced by dialog which is only connecting to the phantom using wifi.

Nowdays, you can easily get a superb hi-definition digital system with easy to use app like Raspberry + volumio for example.

Idea  Idea is therefore to set two optical outputs (TOSLINK) on the board and separate Right and Left channels before sending them to each phantom. A bit of hardware and some software developments I bet...

I would like your advice about the idea of a open system managing all the part that Devialet looks not to do well and let the Phantom release good sound from a digital source.

Your remarks, advices, possible links to some existing elements, articles..., critics or counter proposal will be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Messages In This Thread
Developping a stereo system replacing spark + dialog - by BlackMamba - 20-Sep-2018, 19:24