Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Developping a stereo system replacing spark + dialog
(26-Sep-2018, 10:47)Keind23 Wrote: Hi there!

I'm kind of contemplating the same idea as I would like to integrate two Phantoms in my home cinema system.

What I would like to do is replacing my fronts with the Phantoms (while removing the sub and potentially the center as well).

I have today a Marantz AVR NR1506 with Pre-Outs for Left and Right.

Would you think that using an Analog to Digital Converter from the Pre Outs to the Phantoms in optical direct could work?

I would achieve kind of the same purpose commanding and sourcing the Phantoms through the AVR.

My concern is the latency, but I would imagine that Audyssey could cope with that, setting a super long distance for the Phantoms compared to the Surrounds and Center.

What do you think?

I hunted around trying to find an affordable AV receiver that allowed me to do what you are contemplating, but keeping it ll in the digital domain. Wanted to avoid as many analogue-digital-analogue conversion etc.

I couldn't find anything in the end of the day, so went down the WXC-50 path.

I'm assuming the sound quality of what you are proposing would ultimately be driven by how much you want to spend on the ADC's???

Messages In This Thread
RE: Developping a stereo system replacing spark + dialog - by jcd1877 - 27-Sep-2018, 03:19