Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue with Devialet Remote for iOS
I don't know how much help this is going to be but, like you, I have used the iPhone app successfully in the past but running it on my iPad rather than on an iPhone. I no longer use it and it's now uninstalled so I can't check any of these thoughts out.

First, there's something funny going on with volume control from the app. When I installed it a couple of months ago I had the app disabled in my config file and wifi input also disabled. Volume control from the app should not have worked but it did. I raised this with Devialet support and they eventually advised that the remote app settings in the configurator aren't currently functional so the app should work regardless of what setting you have there. I've got a 140 Pro CI and you have a 440 Pro CI. I wouldn't think there would be a difference in the operation of that configuration setting between our 2 amps but perhaps there is so it may be worth checking your configuration setting for remote control from the app.

The next thing is do you have volume control enabled in Roon's device setup options for your 440? I don't but there's been some recent updates for Roon and perhaps something in one of them introduced a problem so if you have volume control turned on in Roon, try turning it off since you want to use the Devialet app for volume control.

My other suggestion concerns disabling WiFi. Your signature doesn't indicate that you're using any wifi source so you shouldn't need wifi on and maybe having both ethernet and wifi inputs enabled is causing an issue, perhaps because of the difference in your network settings for the ethernet and wifi settings.

Really all I can suggest is that you play around a bit with those various setting options and see if changing one of them solves the problem. Settings can be a real problem at times as I know from just having to deal with a setting problem myself. I use an Antipodes server and the Antipodes settings are accessed via a web based interface using a browser. I've been doing that via Safari on my iPad and it worked fine but last week I upgraded my iPad to a new iPad Pro and all of a sudden I couldn't access some (not all, mind you) of my Antipodes functions with Safari on the new iPad, even though I could still do so from the old iPad and both were running the same iOS version. It turned out that there are different setting options for Safari on the iPad Pro to those on the old iPad and once I enabled Javascript in Safari on the new iPad Pro everything worked. There's no setting for Javascript in Safari on the old iPad so sometimes hardware changes can result in different settings and behaviour. You've just had both a hardware and a firmware change with your CI upgrade so I'd start by checking out any setting in your configuration and in Roon that might remotely be related and seeing if changing one of them solves the problem. We shouldn't have to do that sort of thing but sometimes we do.

I hope it just boils down to a settings issue and that you can find it easily and quickly.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: Issue with Devialet Remote for iOS - by David A - 03-Oct-2018, 23:19