Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Universal Remote for Expert Pro?
(13-Oct-2018, 00:36)Axel Wrote:
(12-Oct-2018, 20:14)iamwappie Wrote: The Devialet remote works over Wifi. Universal remotes do not support this and are usually only IR and sometimes RF so I don't think there are any options here.

That can’t be correct. I have wi-fi switched off on my amps and the remote still works. I’d always understood that they were RF.

It's a wifi remote but you don't need the wifi input on the amp switched on for it to work.

You can certainly switch off the wifi input but that's an input for music signals and doesn't affect wifi reception for the remote. There's a separate control for turning the reception of signals from the remote off in the Remotes section of the configurator. Turning off the wifi input which is what you have done doesn't impact on the wifi connection with the remote.

As for turning things off in the remotes section, I won't guarantee that it will work. I accidentally discovered that turning the app control function off there in order to shut down control from the Devialet app didn't stop the app from working and when I queried Devialet support about that they said that function in the configurator is no longer active but that may only be for amps with the CI board such as mine. If that function is no longer active then perhaps it is no longer possible to turn the physical remote off either. I don't know because I haven't tested that and won't be testing it because I use the remote.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: Universal Remote for Expert Pro? - by Axel - 13-Oct-2018, 00:36
RE: Universal Remote for Expert Pro? - by David A - 13-Oct-2018, 00:55