Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D Premier refuses to function as companion / slave
Hoping that someone here can help me sort this out.  I recently bought a pair of D Premier units which were configured as dual mono, running firmware 4.1.  The two units have 1 remote.  They are connected by a SPDIF cable.  Both units are running the latest Expert firmware (10.whatever).

One unit absolutely will not function as a slave.  When I download the configurator file and update the unit, it registers as a slave (S1 CONFIG) on the display.  However immediately after displaying "S1 CONFIG" the screen turns off and never turns on.  There is no audio ouput from the right channel.  The unit gets hotter than the main Master unit despite seemingly doing nothing.

I have tried making new configuration files, adding and removing a trigger cable, re-doing the firmware updates, and nothing works.  One time it did work - for about 5 minutes - and I had real stereo output, and then I tried changing the source and the Slave turned off and never turned back on.  And yes, before it is mentioned, I do have the speaker cables plugged into the positive terminals only.

I can configure the Slave successfully as a standalone D Premier and it works fine.  I can reverse the Slave/Master units, and then both units work in their respective roles, however my single remote is only paired with the one unit and will not function with the units role-reversed.

Do you think that this is a problem with the non-functioning Slave unit, or is this a problem with the digital output from the Master unit?  Would a SPDIF to AES cable be worth a shot?  Alternatively, how can I "switch" my remote pairing so that I can just reverse the Master/Slave relationships and still have a working remote?  I cannot find this anywhere in the configurator app.

Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
D Premier refuses to function as companion / slave - by Zedeff - 22-Oct-2018, 01:50