Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help with Devialet 200 when you have different source of music
Hi guys,
I just got my Devialet Expert 200 and recently joined the forum. Last night I have tried it with Roon AIR and get good result.
The system currently includes:
Devialet Expert 200
QNAP NAS (only store music)
SonicTransporter i5 (running Roon Server/Core)

Both Devialet and SonicTransporter connected to the same router via ethernet cable.
At the moment I can stream music via Roon flawlessly, no dropouts etc. However I cannot stream Spotify, Airplay because this is not a “Pro” version.
So I found a solution with the AppleTV (old generation) which has Optical audio, I tried to connect it with the Devialet and it works as well. Basically I can now stream Airplay and Spotify from my phone to the Devialet.

My problem is I want to separate my music, for example Roon & NAS will store all high-res, DSD files, I will only use Roon for critical listening. Apart from that I store pop music, mp3… to my phone, and I also stream music from Spotify.
I’m thinking of adding a Network bridge player, like a Auralic Aries. This way the Auralic takes responsibility of all streaming, also acting as Roon ready player, and stream Spotify and Airplay from my phone. This way I won’t have to change the input back and forth while playing Roon and Spotify.

I want to ask a few questions:

1. Compare to the AppleTV, is Auralic Aries the better option?

1. Any of you have the same setup (Devialet + Auralic Aries)? How do you connect them? Via USB or AES ?

1. Any of you have same situation (different source of music) and how do you solve it neatly with your Devialet?

Thank you for reading.

Messages In This Thread
Need help with Devialet 200 when you have different source of music - by kylevuong - 23-Oct-2018, 00:40