Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
PS Audio DirectStream Power Plant 12
Installing it into the system, the Devialet monoblocks power cords were attached to Zone D thats reserved for "High Current" and the rest of my gear, i.e. Roon Nucleus LPSU power cord, External HDD power adapter, Router power adapter into the other zones A, B and C. 

Here are some screens that the display panel shows you what this Regenerator is doing for you as you scroll thru it  ...  

[Image: IMG-2980-1.jpg]

[Image: IMG-2981-1.jpg]

[Image: IMG-2982-1.jpg]

[Image: IMG-2983-1.jpg]

There's a built-in scope and it shows you a couple of screens too ... 

[Image: IMG-2984-1.jpg]

[Image: IMG-2985-1.jpg]

[Image: IMG-2986-1.jpg]

[Image: IMG-2987-1.jpg]

The system sounds "incredibly clean, extra-ordinarily homogenous and soooo real with explosive dynamic behaviour" ... I was just awestruck and shaking my head ... I mean I heard the Audioquest Niagara 7000 and also the Shunyata Denali and thought they were GREAT esp. the Audioquest Niagara 7000 but this is a different animal here ... 

It has lowered my listening levels by 15 dB from earlier settings and now .. more further news here about what MORE this PS Audio  regenerator can do for you ... stay tuned !

This regenerator gives you Sine Wave and Multi-Wave. This multi-wave feature has a total of 6 different flavours ... graded from 1 to 6. All my listening was done with Sine Wave and now I switched over to Multi-Wave ...

When you shift to MultiWave 1, its still clean but very slightly warm or rounded - a touch of analogness sets in ... 
Multi-Wave 2 .. stage grows slightly 
Multi-Wave 3 .. stage again grows bigger, deeper and wider
Multi-Wave 4 : more deeper and wider
Multi-Wave 5 : more warmth ... this is JUST PERFECT .. the soundstage is wide and deep ... haha! Its like LIVE
Multi-Wave 6 : a bit too warm ...

~ continued in the next post ~ 
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US

Messages In This Thread
RE: PS Audio DirectStream Power Plant 12 - by audio_engr - 13-Nov-2018, 16:16