Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
PS Audio DirectStream Power Plant 12
Here are a few observations thats interesting ... 

Initially, having the 440-Pro CI I thought 1000 VA may be a too small size for my system and I find that even with the Devialet's volume setting at -4.5 dB (which is grossly and excessively loud) that I never listen to, the system does not draw more that 200 Watts from the PS Audio's Regenerator. This means that this 'baby Power Plant 12' is just about more than enough for me (even if I upgrade to 1000-Pro CI) ever !!

Coming back to the sound, the system is now "zero-noise" and its as if you can stretch out and touch the performers with your hands ... you can easily hear extremely low-level details like performers breathing or even gasping for breath etc ... the texture of hands clapping in LIVE concerts are soooo realistic ... it perfectly matches the sonic texture when you too start clapping along with the clapping in the concert and the pitch and texture is just right ... Amazing !!

I ain't going to say much except that I am "rediscovering" my entire collection once again after installing this Power Regenerator from PS Audio. My $ 5k was very well spent and I should have bought it earlier but then .. this new DirectStream versions of Power Plants from PS Audio are stupendous products ...
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US

Messages In This Thread
RE: PS Audio DirectStream Power Plant 12 - by audio_engr - 13-Nov-2018, 16:25